THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yippee!! School is out for two whole weeks! The kids at school were so excited, but not more than me!! I got a lot of mugs this year as teacher gifts. I'm getting quite the collection. :) If I ever decide to quit teaching, I think I could open my own business selling all the miscellaneous items that I get and don't really know what to do with. I don't want to just get rid of them, but I don't have that much storage space! I'll just keep putting it in boxes for now I guess. Not that I'm ungrateful for everything, just space challenged in my house! :)


We are hanging around here for Christmas. I'm going to use my new Cricket and do some scrapbooking stuff. I'm very excited about that. We're going to Joe's for Christmas day to have lunch with them. That should be fun.


Of course, we'll be tuned in to the Tech game on January 2nd for the Cotton Bowl. We can't wait for that!


Some friends and I went to Port Aransas the weekend of the 12th. We left after I got back from Chan's basketball game on Thursday. We got there around midnight. It was an awesome condo that is partly owned by one of my friend's brother, so we just had to pay the $40 cleaning fee. It was right at the beach. We shopped and slept late, stayed up late and read, it was an awesome getaway. We also went to see Four Christmases which is hilarious. We each had our own room and then two of us had to share one bathroom.


Alec is practicing for an emsemble for UIL. He's playing the bass drum and another instrument that I wasn't familiar with so I can't remember the name of it. There's two other boys and a girl in the group. It's been great every year and they've always received first place, so this one should be good as well. He experienced his first high school finals this past week. The high school here is a closed campus and he got to walk to a friend's house for an hour and a half lunch. He thought that was pretty cool. Next year he'll be able to drive home for lunch if he wants to....I can't believe that.


Chan just informed me he didn't understand why anyone would get upset at a basketball game. He said, "You're inside, you've got air-conditioning and nobody is trying to take your head off, what's there to get very upset about?" He's so funny. I picked him up early from his school and brought him back to mine on the last day and all of my teacher friends couldn't believe how much he had changed. Pretty much what everyone at home thought when we were there. That he doesn't look as much like Kyle.


Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas...good luck Brenda with that tagging thing! :)

0 comments: